One hand, two hands, one finger, your wrist, your knee; yes, we have all seen others do many things to control their steering. But why is Hand over Hand, a core base skill for a new driver?
TO START WITH, ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO NOTE WHAT TOOLS THE NEW DRIVER DOES NOT HAVE.
New Drivers do not have the following:
- Thousands of driving hours
- Thousands of steering experiences to know how to get the car back to straight.
- The visual experience of watching the front of the vehicle to know where the wheels point.
- The coordinated combination of vision and braking and gas that helps keep the steering in line and back to straight.
HAND OVER HAND IS CRITICAL TO A NEW DRIVER BECAUSE:
- They need to know how to get the car back straight
- Guessing how many turns to get the steering back straight is not the safest solution
- Keep both hands firmly on the wheel provides the most stable and balanced steering control
- Tipping the wheel till your elbow hits your hit to turn a corner instantly allows you to know how to return to straight by simply tipping back the same amount to the opposite side.
- Hand on hand, letting go of your hand ONCE provides a solid sure-footed solution to returning the car back to straight by simply returning the hand to original ONCE.
- Hands over hand, letting go TWICE again allows you to find straight simply by returning the wheel back TWICE.
- This provides a solution to the biggest fear in driving, knowing how to find STRAIGHT at any time and at any speed.
Hand over hand is a must for ALL new drivers.
Comments are closed