Dump your speed, prepare to move away if possible, warn rear traffic of the oddity as soon as possible and keep scanning both your escape route and the changes in the hazard.
- Parked cars, parked cube vans, large construction equipment or big storage blocks on very right residential roadways all block our ability to see.
- Often people are standing around the vehicles, opening the doors, digging into the trunk, walking from the yard towards the parking lane disappearing behind the cars.
- Some have their emergency four-way yellow flashers on intentionally warning others of stopping, being in an odd location or working around their vehicles.
WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU SEE ANY OF THESE ABOVE SITUATIONS?
- dump your speed
- give the people a warning if they are not paying attention to us coming towards them
- prepare to move away if possible
- warn rear traffic of the oddity as soon as possible and
- keep scanning your escape route
- keep scanning the changes in the hazard
They are called hazard lights for a reason. So listen to them!
What do you do?
Is The Game Of Driving Similar To Other Games?
Does knowing the rules of a game improve your performance?
Are there opposing teams in this game: ICBC examiners, law enforcement, flow of traffic driving?
Do you know what the real rule book looks like? Have you ever seen it?
Do you know the percentage of failure in this driving game?
And what is failure in this game? A close call? A collision? An injury? A fatality?
Vancouver British Columbia Canada Driving School
Quality Driver Training
Come Find These Answers Here
Before you learn the Hard Way!